CAYUGA LAKE FLOATING CLASSROOMPROJECT
WE NEED YOUR
HYDRILLA VERTICILLATA threatens fisheries, tourism and the ecology of our lakes! The fight is on to keep this highly invasive plant from spreading beyond the south end of Cayuga Lake.
YOU CAN HELP by learning how to spot Hydrilla and other species poised to invade our lakes!
The CAYUGA LAKE FLOATING CLASSROOM is offering free training and survey cruises, from points around Cayuga Lake during 2015.
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 9am-noon, Interlaken.
- Kidders Landing/Busy Bee dock.
- Free lake plant ID booklets.
- Hands-on training for beginners and seasoned volunteers, alike.
- Access to the Hydrilla Hunters network of volunteers & info.
- Time on the lake, with great people!
Free online reservations can be made at www.ithacaboattours.com (click on calendar button). Visit www.floatingclassroom.net or call (607) 216-2238 for more information.
Source: Finger Lakes PRISM