Five Rivers Environmental Education Center is a living museum comprising over 450 acres of broad fields, towering forests, and tranquil wetlands. Five Rivers offers people of all ages a rich variety of guided and self-guided opportunities to encounter nature directly. Stimulating interpretive programs and guided school lessons promote awareness, knowledge and appreciation of New York State’s environment year ’round. With over 10 miles of trails for self-guided exploration, Five Rivers fosters discovery, spiritual refreshment and physical fitness through wholesome outdoor recreation.br>
During the heat of midday, enjoy a relaxing picnic in the shade, or visit the air-conditioned education building with its dozens of intriguing exhibits, including several live animals that can’t be returned to the wild.
Wildlife to Watch for:
- Great place for birdwatching: 225 species, no waiting!
- Excellent chance for deer, squirrels and bluebirds, even in winter!
- Spring and fall migrations are definitely worth a gander!
- In summer, expect to also encounter turtles, geese, frogs and grassland bird specialties
- “Best Park For Nature” – Metroland, 2008
More about Five Rivers Environmental Education Center:
- Five Rivers Public Programs and Events Schedule – Current programs offered at Five Rivers EEC.
- Hours and Services for Five Rivers Center – Hours and services available at the Five Rivers Environmental Education Center
- History of Five Rivers – History of how the Five Rivers Environmental Education came to be.
- Guided Lessons and Special Programs – Five Rivers offers many programs to both educators and schools.
- Directions to Five Rivers – Directions to Five Rivers from the north, south, east and west.
- Exploring Five Rivers Nature Trails – Take to the trails and enter a different world at Five Rivers EEC.