The New York State Invasive Species Research Institute (NYISRI) has announced the availability of their annual report for 2021. The report is available here.
|A few highlights from the report:|
- Update on collaborative efforts to pilot optimal search strategies for spotted lanternfly, using detection dogs
- Update on prioritization tool that will help inform invasive species management decisions for PRISM regions
- What’s the status of various biocontrol agents being evaluated for invasive species control across New York State?
- A case study for success and key recommendations from several decades of biocontrol for purple loosestrife across New York State
- Listening to ecological soundscapes – how bioacoustics research could help inform management from a case study on native vs. introduced Phragmites
Source: NYISRI via PRISM Listserv